The Rainforest School was founded in 2019 and is accredited to teach Prep to Year 6.
The Enrolment Process for 2021 has been finalised and all enrolment placements have been filled.
It is fundamental to our school operations that families are compatible with our philosophy and values. The Rainforest School aims to develop strong connections with our families to foster a vibrant learning community that ensures the best outcomes for its students.
- Families who share and commit to the philosophies and values of our school
- Prep enrolments
An Offer of Enrolment will be determined by the School Principal with consideration given to the mission & vision of the school, its philosophies and values, the well-being of its student body and the school’s human, financial and physical resourcing capacities. In addition to our hierarchy of priority, we also consider:
- Commitment to maintain the long-term enrolment
- Commitment to developing strong ties between home and school
- Class sizes and places available in the relevant year
- Age and gender balance
- Siblings of current or past students
- Children of The Rainforest School employees
- Children with special needs and behavioural support history including advice from specialists, previous teachers and/or principal, and the school’s ability to; meet the child’s needs, the adjustments needed are aligned with our school’s philosophy and values and the school’s capacity to resource identified additional learning and/or support needs
- Any history of aggression or pattern of disruptive behaviours including disrespecting others and disengagement from school
Each year we receive many more Registers of Interest than the limited places available. Prospective students will be shortlisted, guided by the Enrolment Priority and three stages of the Enrolment Process outlined in our Enrolment Policy and Flow Chart. Please note, that families who have submitted an early Register of Interest may not be shortlisted. Acceptance of an Enrolment Application and ensuing Enrolment Interview does not a guarantee an Offer of Enrolment. Offers of Enrolment at The Rainforest School are at the discretion of the Principal.
Essential dates for 2022 Enrolment:
- Information Session for families on our Register of Interest – 5th Sept 2020
- Register of Interest – CLOSES 14th May 2021
- Enrolment Application – CLOSES 18th June 2021
- Enrolment Interviews – SCHEDULED Early Term 3 2021
- Outcome of Enrolment Interviews – COMMUNICATED Mid Term 3 2021
- Transition Program – Term 4 2021
Enrolment placements are offered for the commencement of each school calendar year. It is highly recommended that students participate in our Transition Program conducted during Term 4.