The Rainforest School is located at Dundee Park, a beautiful location in the hinterlands of Mission Beach. Our school house is a homely Queenslander surrounded by lush rainforest. We are a boutique school that is small by design.
We are inspired by Montessori, Steiner and Nature Play philosophies, and governed by Cassowary Coast Community Campus INC.
Our school follows the Australian National Curriculum. We deliver an educational program which uses a balanced range of explicit, hands-on and real-life learning.
2021 Term Dates:
- Term 1 20th January – 26th March (10 weeks)
- Term 2 12th April – 18th June (10 weeks)
- Term 3 19th July – 24th September (10 weeks)
- Term 4 11th October – 17th December (10 weeks)
2022 Term Dates:
- Term 1 18th January – 24th March (10 weeks)
- Term 2 12th April – 16th June (10 weeks)
- Term 3 19th July – 22nd September (10 weeks)
- Term 4 11th October – 15th December (10 weeks)
The Rainforest School acknowledges the traditional custodians whose land we live, work and travel. We give our respect to the Djiru Elders of both past and present.